the uniqueness of a circle

I think everyone is always a little nervous when coming to a new place. Nervous about which people will be there, if you find new friends there or if they even have the same way of thinking as you. Even when I know from the past that I don't have huge struggles with making friends, I still have these thoughts over and over again when it comes to these new situations.

Now, after being over 2.5 weeks in this unknown place, I can say that many of the fears I had were unwarranted. I found my circle. Actually I have to say, that I feel so familiar with this new place, that sometimes everyone and everything feels to my like it belongs to my circle. It feels like a huge familiarity with still unknown people. This feeling is hard to describe, but I am sure that the key of this familiarity is to enjoy everybody's differences.

We are all so different and maybe that makes the connection in this particular situation so deep. Different cultures, different experiences, different habits and so much to learn about each other. It is funny how so many people from all over the world came together so randomly. There would have never been an other situation where I would have met this variation of persons at the same time at one place.

What a unique, once-in-a-lifetime circle, which I call my friends now. And what an unique, unknown place (when not so unknown anymore), which is called Yale. 

Kommentare

  1. Beautifully expressed, Rosa - a "once-in-a-lifetime circle" is indeed a found treasure.

    AntwortenLöschen

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Society U

How I came to Yale...

The climb